Thursday, February 26, 2009

Colin O'Donohoe
Pangean Orchestra

This was taken from a viral musing over on face book. I put down some of the albums that were most formative to my own musical identity. I went back as far as age 7 for some of these. Enjoy, and feel free to comment, agree, or disagree about the quality of my choices.
This isn't my all time favorite albums, just the ones that at some point in my development really did something for me.
Take care and God Bless,
Colin
There in no particular order either -


1. John Coltrane’s “A Love Supreme”
2. Enigma MCMXC A.D
3. Dirty Dozen Brass Band “Medicated Magic”
4. Brooklyn Funk Essentials “In the Buzzbag”
5. U2 “Achtung Baby”
6. Sting “Ten Summoners Tales”
7. The Roots “Do you want more?”
8. Beastie Boys “Licensed to Ill”
9. Bon Jovi “Slippery When Wet”
10. Various “Judgement Night Soundtrack”
11. Various “Rogues Gallery”
12. Misirli Ahmet “Mel de Cabra”
13. Paddy Reilly “Paddy Reilly Live”
14. Makem and Clancy - “Makem and Clancy collection”
15. Bob Marley “Legend”
16. Clifford Brown “Clifford Brown and Max Roach”
17. Toumani Diabate “Djelika”
18. Sergio Mendes “Brasileiro”

19. Schumann “Concerto for Cello in A minor” some random cd in the ASU music library, don’t remember the cellist or the orchestra, but wow, few recordings shaped me more! I know that the Dvorak concerto was also on there too, but that one didn’t resonate with me.

20. Stevie Ray Vaughan “The Sky is Crying”
20a. Buena Vista Social Club “Buena Vista Social Club”
20b Pat Matheny "First Circle"

No comments: